Below is the easiest method for installing the Kodi application on your Firestick or Fire TV. No computer is required. The guide will show you how to install the latest, stabble version or you can also choose to use the link for Kodi 18 beta which was just released meaning the stable version should be around soon.
It is becoming more and more important to protect yourself online. This can easily be done using a VPN that stops your internet provider from being able to see what you are accessing online. It also removes any blocks put in place by your internet provider. They are also great for using when you are using public unsecured Wi-Fi
2 VPNs I use and can recommend are IPvanish & StrongVPN. Below are links to their websites. Both of which will give you an extra discount.
I also have a guide for installing a VPN on Fire stick which you can find here
- Turn on your FireStick
- Select Settings
- Select Device (or Settings if you still have the old interface)
- Select Developer Options
- Select Apps from Unknown Sources
- Turn ON
- You will now see a warning message regarding unknown sources. Select OK you can turn off unknown sources later but we need it on for now
- Go back to your home screen (press home button on remote)
- Highlight Apps - located at the top of the screen - and then push down on your Amazon remote to bring up a sub-menu containing Featured, Games & Categories
- Select Categories in the sub menu
- Select Utility located at the bottom as it is alphabetically sorted
- Scroll down and select Downloader
- Select Get to install Downloader
- After the installation has completed select Open
- You will now see the following screen. Select the URL section
- Type ONE of the following - if you are on a first generation Firestick/Fire Tv type
bit.ly/kodi176but if you are on the newer Fire TV 2 then you can type
bit.ly/mjdnewor if you would like to try Kodi 18 RC 5.2 (the latest release candidate) if you want using this link
bit.ly/mjdk18. You should bookmark this page and check back every month or so. You can then download a newer version if available.
- Select Download in the next screen
- The version of Kodi you chose will begin to download
- When the download completes you will see the following screen. Select Install
- Installation will begin
- When the installation completes select Open
- The first run may take a short while but you should now see your Kodi home screen
I recommend using a VPN to help keep yourself anonymous and protect yourself online. You can get 25% off any package from IPVanish & 20% off any Strong VPN Package which allow you to connect 5 devices to an encrypted VPN connection at any one time.
- Native apps for Android TV, Android, iOS, Mac, Linux, and more OS'
- Access all Kodi add-ons anonymously
- Tier 1 hardware (no speed slowdown)
- Prevent ISP Throttling
- Log-free, so you can’t be tracked
- 7 day money back guarantee
- The ability to be configured right at your router, for a hassle-free experience.
You can use these links to get an extra discount to try a VPN out