Below is the easiest method for installing Kodi on your Firestick or Fire TV. No computer is required.
Just take your time and follow the instructions and you will have absolutely no issues. The guide is perfect when followed to the letter and you will have Kodi installed on your Firestick or Fire TV in no time at all.
If you have issues you can follow me on Twitter and ask for a follow back and I will gladly DM any help I can.
I recommend using a VPN to help keep yourself anonymous and protect yourself online. You can get 25% off any package from IPVanish which allows you to connect 5 devices to an encrypted VPN connection at any one time.
I also have a guide for installing a VPN on Fire stick which you can find here
- Turn on your FireStick
- Select Settings
- Select Device (or Settings if you still have the old interface)
- Select Developer Options
- Select Apps from Unknown Sources
- Turn ON
- You will now see a warning message regarding unknown sources. Select OK you can turn off unknown sources later but we need it on for now
- Go back to your home screen (press home button on remote)
- Highlight Apps - located at the top of the screen - and then press the middle button on your Amazon remote to bring up a sub-menu in Apps
- Scroll to Categories in the sub menu
- Select Utility located at the bottom as it is alphabetically sorted
- Scroll down and select Downloader
- Select Get to install Downloader
- After the installation has completed select Open
- You will now see the following screen. Select the URL section
- Type ONE of the following - if you are on a first generation Firestick/Fire Tv type
bit.ly/kodi176but if you are on a newer Fire Stick/Fire TV type
bit.ly/mjdnewthe first link is for the 32Bit version the second is the 64Bit version. This is for Kodi Krypton 17.6 the latest, most stable and secure release. As you are going to be sideloading this it will not automatically update to newer versions. You should bookmark this page and check back every month or so. You can then download a newer version if available.
- Select Download in the next screen
- The version of Kodi you chose will begin to download
- When the download completes you will see the following screen. Select Install
- Installation will begin
- When the installation completes select Open
- The first run may take a short while but you should now see your Kodi home screen
Get 25% off any VPN Plan with IPVanish VPN
- Access geo-restricted content from anywhere
- Encrypt and anonymise your traffic
- No logs of your traffic
- Kill Switch: Kills network if VPN connection is lost
- Prevent ISP throttling
- 7 day money back guarantee