Below is a guide for installing the Downloader on your Firestick/Fire TV device. Downloader is a great tool for installing apps that may not be available on the Amazon app store.
- Open Firestick/FireTV
- Select Settings
- In Settings scroll down and select My Fire TV
- Select Developer Options
- Select Apps from Unknown Sources
- Select Turn On
- Now go back to your Home Screen. Highlight Find and then select Search
- (this is an update on May 15th 2021) In the next step you are asked to type in downloader to search for it. Today it was noticed that it no longer appeared for some when typing. If this is the case for you too then simply click and hold the Voice Search button on your Fire Remote and say "Downloader" and you will see it and can then install it.
- Now use the keyboard and start typing Downloader. Once you see Downloader underneath select it
- In the next screen select the Downloader icon
- Select Download
- Once downloaded select Open
- Select Allow when asked to give Downloader access to files (necessary for it to install APKs)
- Downloader is now ready to use
I recommend using a VPN to help keep yourself anonymous and protect yourself online. You can get 25% off any package from IPVanish & 20% off any Strong VPN Package which allow you to connect 5 devices to an encrypted VPN connection at any one time.
- Native apps for Android TV, Android, iOS, Mac, Linux, and more OS'
- Access all Kodi add-ons anonymously
- Tier 1 hardware (no speed slowdown)
- Prevent ISP Throttling
- Log-free, so you can’t be tracked
- 7 day money back guarantee
- The ability to be configured right at your router, for a hassle-free experience.
You can use these links to get an extra discount to try a VPN out