Below is a guide for installing the MX Player app on your Firestick. This installation uses Downloader. If you already have Downloader installed you can skip all the way past the Downloader installation guide and go straight to the URL needed to enter.
It is becoming more and more important to protect yourself online. This can easily be done using a VPN that stops your internet provider from being able to see what you are accessing online. It also removes any blocks put in place by your internet provider. They are also great for using when you are using public unsecured Wi-Fi
2 VPNs I use and can recommend are IPVanish, Digibit & StrongVPN. Below are links to their websites. Both of which will give you an extra discount.
- Open Firestick/FireTV
- Select Settings
- In Settings select My Fire TV (if you are still on an older version it may say Devices)
- Select Developer Options
- Select Apps from Unknown Sources
- Select Turn On
- Now go back to your Home Screen and select the Search Icon (magnifying glass)
- Now use the keyboard and start typing Downloader. Once you see Downloader underneath select it
- In the next screen select the Downloader icon
- Select Download
- Once downloaded select Open
- Select Allow if asked about access to media
- Select OK once the app opens
- Now click on Home in the left hand menu
- Now type the URL needed for MX Player and that is bit.ly/mjdmx (image below uses url for older version, so igonre that). Once you have typed that in select Go
- MX Player will now download. In the next screen click on install
- You wil see a notification when the installation has completed. There is no need to open it now. You can just select it as the default player when any application you use asks for a default player.
I recommend using a VPN to help keep yourself anonymous and protect yourself online. You can get 25% off any package from IPVanish & 20% off any Strong VPN Package which allow you to connect 5 devices to an encrypted VPN connection at any one time.
- Native apps for Android TV, Android, iOS, Mac, Linux, and more OS'
- Access all Kodi add-ons anonymously
- Tier 1 hardware (no speed slowdown)
- Prevent ISP Throttling
- Log-free, so you can’t be tracked
- 7 day money back guarantee
- The ability to be configured right at your router, for a hassle-free experience.
You can use these links to get an extra discount to try a VPN out