Autoplay videos can be really annoying for some people. You can get extensions for most browsers that allow you block these but in Safari 11 there is a quick and easy way to do this without having to install extensions.
- Open Safari
- Select Safari from your macOS Menu Bar
- Select Preferences from the drop down menu
- Select Auto-Play
- Select When visiting other websites
- Select Never Auto-Play
- When visiting other websites should now be marked as Never Auto-Play
Now when you visit a site that usually has auto-play videos there will be a Play icon on the video instead so you can play it if you want.
Tip seen on the MacWorld website
- Access geo-restricted content from anywhere
- Encrypt and anonymise your internet traffic
- No logs of your traffic
- Kill Switch: Kills network if VPN connection is lost
- 7 day money back guarantee