A few people have asked how to add shortcuts to add-ons in the main menu and also how to add shortcuts to sections within add-ons to submenu of the Aeon Nox 5 skin.
So here is a basic guide that will show you how to add a link to Google Music to your main menu and how to add a link to the New Releases in the Google Music submenu. This should give you an idea on how you can do it with any other add-on you wish to add to the main menu and populate its submenu.
- From your Home Screen select SYSTEM > Skin Settings
- Select Home Window > Setup the Aeon Nox Main Menu
- Scroll down and select one of the Custom links
- Select Default Select Action
- We are now going to choose the add-on that opens when the new menu entry we are creating is selected. In this example we are using Google Music so we select Add-On as Google Music is an add-on
- Select Music Add-On, again because Google Music is a music add-on.
- Select Google Music
- We are now inside of the Google Music add-on and this is where we want to open when the new menu entry we are creating is selected so in here we select Create Shortcut to Here
- You will now see that Custom 1 has changed to Google Music. So the menu entry has been created but it isn't visible in your main menu yet.
- Move to the right hand side of the screen and select Enable. Now you have done that Google Music has been made visible in your main menu. Now we can move on to adding shortcuts to sections in the Google Music submenu. Stay on this screen, do not back out yet.
- In the same window scroll down and select Manage Submenu
- You will now be in the submenu setup screen. On the left you will see details of shortcuts you have added to the submenu, the middle section contains actions and the right hand screen has the different types of shortcuts you can add.
- What we need to do here is highlight TYPE in the middle section
- Now you need to keep clicking TYPE until the shortcut header says Add-On
- Scroll down and select Google Music
- We are now in the Google Music add-on and can see the different sections that are visible when you open the add-on from your Music Add-Ons menu. As we are adding a link to the new releases we select New Releases
- We are now in the New Releases section so we can select Create Shortcut to Here as we want the shortcut in the submenu to open up in here
- You will now see the submenu shortcut to New Releases. If you wanted to add more Google Music shortcuts you would just click on Add and repeat the process but select different sections.