If you have recently updated to macOS Mojave you may have noticed that in your Dock any apps you open will remain in the Dock. These are recent items and Apple believe it 's a good idea to add these so you can quickly launch the app again if you don't already have it in your dock.
Personally I use Alfred so my Dock is always hidden and basically empty as I don't need to use the Dock to launch apps. But for those who do use the Dock and have it with just the applications they want then perhaps this 'Recent Items' section in the dock may be a bit of an annoyance.
This feature can be in 3 easy steps
- Open System Preferences
- Select Dock
- Click on the checkbox marked Show recent applications in Dock
- Finished. Your recent items will not appear in your Dock again
I recommend using a VPN to help keep yourself anonymous and protect yourself online. You can get 25% off any package from IPVanish & 20% off any Strong VPN Package which allow you to connect 5 devices to an encrypted VPN connection at any one time.
- Native apps for Android TV, Android, iOS, Mac, Linux, and more OS'
- Access all Kodi add-ons anonymously
- Tier 1 hardware (no speed slowdown)
- Prevent ISP Throttling
- Log-free, so you can’t be tracked
- 7 day money back guarantee
- The ability to be configured right at your router, for a hassle-free experience.
You can use these links to get an extra discount to try a VPN out