This guide will show you how to install zip files for Kodi on a Fire Stick or Fire TV. to I know a lot of people who visit this site use Firesticks and some of the posts I do involve installing a zip file rather than adding source URLs to the Kodi File Manager.
It may look like a long process but after you have done the setup of the app Downloader, which is used in the guide, it will only take you a minute to install a zip file in the future.
It is becoming more and more important to protect yourself online. This can easily be done using a VPN that stops your internet provider from being able to see what you are accessing online. It also removes any blocks put in place by your internet provider. They are also great for using when you are using public unsecured Wi-Fi
2 VPNs I use and can recommend are IPvanish & StrongVPN. Below are links to their websites. Both of which will give you an extra discount.
How to Download and Install Zip Files for Kodi to a Firestick
- First you will need to know the address of the zip file you wish to install. In guides on this site and others you will see links that say download and save the zip file to install this add-on/repo. So using your computer right click on the link and copy the link
- Now go to the Bit.ly website. This site will allow you to shorten the URL you have just copied. This makes the following process easier. Paste the address you have copied in the box in the middle of the page
- You will now have a shortened URL that you will be able to use later in the guide.
- On your Firestick home screen select Apps
- In the Apps section choose Categories
- In the Categories section select UTILITY
- In the Utilities section select Downloader
- Now select Get or Download
- Downloader will now begin installing
- Once installed click Open
- You will now see the update notes. Click OK
- You now need to enter the bit.ly address you created at the beginning and click Go
- The zip will now begin to download
- when the download has completed select Done
- Now open Kodi and select Add-ons
- Select the Package Browser Icon
- Select Install from zip file
- Select External Storage
- Select Downloader
- You will now see the zip file you have downloaded. Select it
- Wait for Add-on enabled notification
- The add-on you installed will now be in your Add-ons section
I recommend using a VPN to help keep yourself anonymous and protect yourself online. You can get 25% off any package from IPVanish & 20% off any Strong VPN Package which allow you to connect 5 devices to an encrypted VPN connection at any one time.
- Native apps for Android TV, Android, iOS, Mac, Linux, and more OS'
- Access all Kodi add-ons anonymously
- Tier 1 hardware (no speed slowdown)
- Prevent ISP Throttling
- Log-free, so you can’t be tracked
- 7 day money back guarantee
- The ability to be configured right at your router, for a hassle-free experience.
You can use these links to get an extra discount to try a VPN out