Below is a quick and easy guide that will allow you to quickly and easily compress any number of files in finder on your Mac.
You can of course just use the right click method and select 'Compress x Items' but who doesn't love a keyboard shortcut? I use keyboard shortcuts wherever possible and I am sure there are many others that do too.
- Open System Preferences and select Keyboard
- Select Shortcuts
- Select App Shortcuts
- Select '+'
- Select Finder in the Application dropdown box
- Enter Compress as the Menu Title
- Click in the box area next to Keyboard Shortcut:
- Enter your shortcut: Command+Shift+C and select Add
- That is the keyboard shortcut setup complete. You can test it by opening Finder, selecting some files and pressing your keyboard shortcut
- If the setup has worked you will now see an Archive.zip file
I recommend using a VPN to help keep yourself anonymous and protect yourself online. You can get 25% off any package from IPVanish & 20% off any Strong VPN Package which allow you to connect 5 devices to an encrypted VPN connection at any one time.
- Native apps for Android TV, Android, iOS, Mac, Linux, and more OS'
- Access all Kodi add-ons anonymously
- Tier 1 hardware (no speed slowdown)
- Prevent ISP Throttling
- Log-free, so you can’t be tracked
- 7 day money back guarantee
- The ability to be configured right at your router, for a hassle-free experience.
You can use these links to get an extra discount to try a VPN out