The guide below is for owners who have their content stored on a product from the WD My Cloud range. It is a very simple setup which should allow you to have it up and running very quickly
How to Use WD My Cloud as Media Server for Kodi Krypton 17
- Open Kodi
- Select Movies
- Select Enter files section
- Select Add Videos...
- Select Browse
- Select Windows network (SMB)
- Select WORKGROUP
- Select The Name of your WD My Cloud Device
- Navigate to where you store your content on your WD My Cloud device and select OK when you are inside the directory where the content is stored.
- On the next screen select This directory contains
- Select Movies
- If you content is stored in separate directories in your Movies directory then select Movies are in a separate folders that match the movie title if they aren't then just leave that section unchecked as it is
- Select OK
- Select Yes when asked Do you want to refresh information for all items within this path. Kodi will now scan that path using the Movie Database. Allow the scan to finish
- When you go back to your Home Screen and select Movies your content will be indexed and available to stream.
Each time you add content to your media library it will be scanned and added during library updates.
Check out my other Kodi posts; you'll find plenty to improve your Kodi experience
Get 25% off any VPN Plan with IPVanish VPN
- Access geo-restricted content from anywhere
- Encrypt and anonymise your traffic
- No logs of your traffic
- Kill Switch: Kills network if VPN connection is lost
- Prevent ISP throttling
- 7 day money back guarantee