Puffin speeds up mobile browsing by shifting the workload from the resource-limited devices to the cloud servers, and resource-demanding webpages can run super-fast on your phones or tablets.
Puffin uses proprietary compression algorithms to transmit web data to your device, and it can save up to 90% of your bandwidth on regular web browsing.
This is a great little browser to have on your Firestick and below is a quick guide for installing it.
- Open Firestick/FireTV
- Select Settings
- In Settings select My Fire TV (if you are still on an older version it may say Devices)
- Select Developer Options
- Select Apps from Unknown Sources
- Select Turn On
- Now go back to your Home Screen and scroll over to Apps
- In the Apps section select Categories
- Now scroll down to the section marked UTILITY and select it
- Select Downloader
- Select Download
- Once downloaded select Open
- Select Allow if asked about access to media
- Select OK once the app opens
- Now click on Home in the left hand menu
- Select the Enter a URL or Search Term: box
bit.ly/aptfiresand select Go
- Select Install
- Select Open
- Select Search Icon located top left
- Type Puffin in the search bar and then select Next
- Select Puffin from the search results
- Select Install
- Select Install again
- That is the Puffin Browser installed and can be found in your Apps section
I recommend using a VPN to help keep yourself anonymous and protect yourself online. You can get large reductions on any package from IPVanish & 20% off any Strong VPN Package which allow you to connect multiple devices to an encrypted VPN connection at any one time.
- Native apps for Android TV, Android, iOS, Mac, Linux, and more OS'
- Unlimited connections (On IPVanish)
- Access all Kodi add-ons anonymously
- Tier 1 hardware (no speed slowdown)
- 250 GB SugarSync Online Storage (IPVanish)
- Prevent ISP Throttling
- Log-free, so you can’t be tracked
- 30 day money back guarantee (On IPVanish)
- The ability to be configured right at your router, for a hassle-free experience.